好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: How to deal with this situation  (Read 11349 times)

bright

• Core Package
How to deal with this situation
« on: November 20, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »
Really appreciated Laotu teacher,I learned the sql here and found a job in a small company at the beginning.  Worked there for 1.5 years and got tons of hands on experience. Then I found a position in 500 fortune company.
At the beginning, our team was so small only 4 people, busy but were happy. Because of the politics, my director and my manager were forced to resign from the company. Then I started to take more responsibilities to keep the team running. All the stake holders appreciated my work to support them.The current director keeps saying you can not leave, we need you.But when regarding the promotion, he keeps saying I am working on it.
In summer,he hired an outsider to be my manager. That guy is really micromanagement and knew little about sql. A few times he demanded me to deploy his code, but I told him there were errors, I am not comfortable to do that.
Today, I got 360 feed backs. All my stake holders and other coworkers gave me high scores except this manager. It clearly he did on purpose.
So, in this situation, what should I do? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

USA LaoTu Support Team

• Administrator
Re: How to deal with this situation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
Nice to know you are making great achievements.
If (his attitude bothers you a lot )then:
   Talk to him to see if he can change his review or his attitude towards you.
   Talk to HR that you do not agree with his review.
   (You can let him know you are going to talk with HR and let him join if he like.
    This means the talk is open, there is nothing to hide.)
Else:
   Ignore him and do whatever you can do for your job.

If (he can't make the change) Then:
    you may start looking for a better position.
Good luck.

如月

• Core Package
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 05:37:00 AM »
Maybe he will be lay  off before you go anywhere.

bright

• Core Package
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 06:34:46 AM »
Thank you Laotu Laoshi and 如月. I will talk with him first. We have 1:1 meeting every week, he did not say anything. So I will use this point to against him.

USA LaoTu Support Team

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 07:08:59 AM »
Yes, do talk at next 1 on 1.
In USA Company, if you feel something is not fair for you, you need speak out let people know.
Otherwise, nobody care.
You need speak out following the right channel.

Prepare the key points you want to deliver to him on 1 on 1.

Ask him change the review he gave to you.
Tell him, I feel your review is not fair for me. I strongly require you to re-consider your review and make the change.
Tell him, I will talk this issue to HR if you do not change the review,  you are welcome to join the meeting when I talk to HR.