好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: How is the Job market for Freelancers (crystal reports Europe)  (Read 4529 times)

Yajing

• MSBI 2008
I saw this topic on linkedin and want to share with all here:

How is the Job market for Freelancers?

I have been doing Crystal Reports development as an independent freelance developer for many years, and this is the first time I find myself without any project on hand.

Is the Job market so bad?
Are my other colleague in this group facing the same problem?
What is the best route to seek new projects in today's economy.

Please share your experiences

2 comments

AmberUnfollow Follow Amber

Amber Anten ?Definitely look for opportunities through headhunters - as there seem to be projects all over the US at any given time. If you are willing to relocate, you'll have a much better opportunity finding something. Also, consider getting a certification with SAP to make yourself more marketable perhaps. There are often job opportunities posted here on LinkedIn (there are multiple groups that apply to CR developers), so those are an option as well. Good luck!

25 minutes ago? Unlike? Like

RobertUnfollow Follow Robert

Robert Hood ?Ramesh,

Depends where you are. I am in SE UK and Crystal has all but disappeared altogether. I used to have no trouble finding Crystal Reports work, both permanent and contract, but since last September I don't think I have seen any.

I blame BO myself, for the mess they made of the licensing model when they took over CR. They priced it out of the market, and Microsoft SSRS has completely replaced it here. Which is a shame, because now that SAP own it they have repriced it back into the realms of the ordinary business to own and use, but the damage has been done I'm afraid, and I don't see them regaining market share anytime soon unless they can come up with an SSRS beater pretty quick!