好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: 2013-03-15 祝贺玲 拿到 offer 全家生活更好!  (Read 5463 times)

USA LaoTu Support Team

• Administrator
2013-03-15 祝贺玲 拿到 offer 全家生活更好!
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:27:49 AM »

Dr. Laotu,

I got an offer for a Senior Report Analyst position today.  It is the second job that I applied.   I am so happy!

Thank you so much for providing an amazing platform for people like me, who want change in their careers and lives.   I enrolled in your SQL Server class after my husband lost his job last fall.  I thought I may have to support the family if he doesn't find a job right away.   It was impossible to do that with the job that I had.  Sure, it is a good professional job with decent pay (not compared to the level of pay of our classmates), but the salary simply isn't enough to pay all the bills.  Instead of getting frustrated about my husband not find a job quickly enough, I chose to occupy my time and mind on studying with you.   I am so glad that I did that, not just because I am offered with a better paying job now, but also because my focus on studying helped avoid a lot of arguments in the family.   Thank goodness, my husband has recently found a job too.   I want to thank you for your excellent direction and many classmates whose success stories have been so uplifting to me in the past six grueling months.   I am especially grateful for Amanda and Lucky's encouragement and help.

I want to share some of the topics that were discussed in my interviews:

1. deadlock
2. incremental loading (ETL)
3. QA handoff process
4. recovery model
5. Kimball vs. Inman approaches
6. performance tuning
7. what if you can't meet project deadline
8. how do you handle stress
9. how do you get customer requirements

Best wishes for all the classmates on finding their dream jobs in 2013!