好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: 生物转行 上周拿到工作 从Bio 转行的杰西卡 谢谢大家!  (Read 5181 times)

USA LaoTu Support Team

• Administrator
-------------生物转行 上周拿到工作的杰西卡 谢谢大家! -----------
Dear 如月:

Finally I will start to work next Monday.   New life will start, and I will face new challenge, and try to enjoy it.

Thank you so much for your help, I wish I could share on Wed webinar, but every Wed my son has activities, and also for this job, I think I’m just so lucky to get the offer. Later I will post what I learned at work on our forum.

If you have time, I wish you could mention on my behalf my appreciation for LaoTu Laoshi (without his guidance, I couldn’t make it). Of course, thank you, Lucky, for your continuous support. Also please mention my appreciation to Amanda, Allan, JJ, Joy, Haihong, CJ, etc. Finding a job is really a team work, everyone needs strong support. I hope everyone can build his/her own support team.

For the job hunting, I never feel ready. One day by chance I came across a JD which I consider it  as a perfect fit, it is a reporter position with SSRS and crystal report which requires IT knowledge with Bio background. I applied and the recruiter contacted me right away, but after resume submitted, they just questioned my education. Later on, I was contacted by many recruiters, resume submitted 4-5 times, but even couldn’t get one phone interview. This position is my first phone and first on-site interview.
Small company, just Technical Q, no behavior q at all. Q are all pretty straightforward.

I can get the job also should thank my Bio background, since in Bio field, I have to look for job from time to time, so one advantage I got is interview experience. For Bio friends, this is a gain for us.

To many classmates in my situation: working mom, support family (kid, in-laws, husband), slow in progress, always tired,  lack of energy, (I can’t stay late to study),  lazy, Bio field without Ph.D, never feel ready, no phone interview chance in months……. As long as you want to make a change, just hold on and keep going, You will never be perfectly ready.  chance will come one day …… If I can get a job, so can you.

Thanks a lot,
上周拿到工作的杰西卡

Willow

• Core Package
Re: 上周拿到工作 从Bio 转行的杰西卡 谢谢大家!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:33:57 PM »
恭喜杰西卡.

在个人的事业成功之时, 首先想到的是感谢曾经给予过自己指导. 帮助, 支持的老师, 同学和 亲人, 想到的是给那些和自己拥有同样梦想, 并正在努力着的同学加把劲.

"土"校精神. 很荣幸成为其一员.