好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: 请教:Suggestion on experience  (Read 5197 times)

jfu2013

• Core Package
请教:Suggestion on experience
« on: October 14, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »
I struggled a long time regarding the experience.

If use the company I worked for, (in a lab), it is not hard to make it related to data. (drug testing results)
But the problem is, how to make it related to clients and have business meaning?

People can search your company by name and found out the company information.

Thanks

如月

• Core Package
Re: 请教:Suggestion on experience
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 05:39:49 PM »
People can search your company by name and found out the company information. ----why you assume people will do this, most likely they will hear from what you tell them ...
you always have some opportunities to work with data, nobody will know who you work and report to , what kind of detail of jobs you were doing, just think about it and extend it to the business and tasks people around you were doing....

jfu2013

• Core Package
Re: 请教:Suggestion on experience
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
Thanks, 如月!

Then I got an idea---why don't I try to search my company by name to see whether they have BI positions? (It is a large global one)
Surprise--They do have BI positions, but it is cognos in Illinois..  I would suggest classmates to try, maybe they will train you.  :)
Now I got a good idea on experience.....

Suggestion: if you stuck on experience problem like me, why don't search your company's career website by keyword BI or IT, you might get it.

The JD:
Strong experience with IBM Cognos BI (Reporting, Analytics & visualization) toolsets and preferably one more reporting tools; Discoverant, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
2 Years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development (Java/JEE).
5+ combined years in BI/ DW and Analytics; experience will include one or more; Solution Architect; Data Architect. Analytics/Reporting Architect