好用的手机公司, 新年大促销: 3 month FREE! $15/Month 5GB data and text

Author Topic: 重贴骆驼同学的学习心得---lucky在上周班会的review内容-1  (Read 10613 times)

如月

• Core Package
http://usalaotu.com/forum/index.php?topic=1246.msg4967#msg4967
偶也收到了几个同学的留言,说怎么准备面试问题。偶大概写个思路吧,希望对大家有启发。
指导方针:以不变应万变。
先给老师的excel & access课做个广告,虽然大家都以sql/BI 为主,但这门基础课,真的很好。
这门课最后一个lab,是关于如何写sql query, 把data 从sql server database load 到access database,并用VBA把access里面的data 自动生成excel 的report. (欲了解具体步骤,请上老师的课吧!!!:-)
大家可以用这个例子回答几个问题:
1.process improvement/increase efficiency
I was assigned a new task to maintain an existing report. It took me at least 2-3 days to collect data from SQL Server database and load data into Access Database and then generate reports with Excel format.
So I redesigned the process.
写sql query, 把data 从sql server database load 到access database,并用VBA把access里面的data 自动生成excel 的report.
Now the report generation time is 2 minutes.
2. take initiative/decision making
I was assigned a new task to maintain an existing report. It took me at least 2-3 days to collect data from SQL Server database and load data into Access Database and then generate reports with Excel format
So I took initiative and redesigned the process. …….
3. tell me a time you manage was not satisfied your job?/poor performance
I was responsible to maintain an existing report.
It took me at least 2-3 days to collect data from SQL Server database and load data into Access Database and then generate reports with Excel format
My manager asked me to make some improvement because he/she thought the process must be improved.
So I redesigned the process,……
4. team work
Our marketing/sales department use access database. I found one report they did took them at least 2-3 days to collect data from SQL Server database and load data into Access Database and then generate reports with Excel format.
So I helped them to redesigned the process…
5.  meet user’s requirement
Our marketing/sales department is my internal data user. I extract data from sql server database and load data into access database.
They asked me if I can figure out a way to improve the process, because one report they did took them at least 2-3 days to collect data from Access Database and then manually generate reports with Excel format
So I meet their requirements and redesigned the process…
呵呵,领会精神了么,有3-5个这样的例子应该够应付40-60分钟的面试了吧?
希望大家自己发挥,别当同一个interviewer两次听同样的故事~~~

Yilin

• Core Package
Thanks Camel and Moon, this is wonderful!